Whereas I, the undersigned have engaged Question Travel to assist with arrangements for vacation planning and for assistance in booking of accommodations and such tours, events and guiding services as to which I have agreed;
And Whereas it is a condition of participation in the tour and events which I seek that I have read and understand that there are limits to the liability of Question Travel based upon the fact that I will be visiting a foreign country with its own laws and customs and Question Travel will be engaging subcontractors on my behalf;
I hereby confirm that I have read and understand the following:
- It is hereby understood that the standard of care of Question Travel is limited to that of an ordinary tour operator to make reasonable inquiries as to the reliability and reputation of any sub-contractors or agents, it is understood that the resources of Question Travel are limited in that regard by their location in Canada, is not a licensed tour operator at my destination(s) and therefore must engage sub-contractors and agents and is without staff or permanent agents at my proposed destinations, and it is acknowledged that I am responsible to make my own independent investigations or inquiries if I have any concerns.
- I hereby confirm that I assume the normal risks of travel to my intended destinations and participation in the activities I am seeking, confirm that accidents, property damage, serious bodily injuries, and fatalities can occur during adventure travel and confirm that any recourse I may have therefore will lie only directly against the airlines, hotels, inns, restaurants, travel agencies, transportation providers, tour guides, visited sites or other contracted entities and employees or associates thereof. I understand that if I chose to travel in the ocean, on highways, railways, roads, or streets I do so at my own risk and release Question Travel from liability for any damages, injuries, or death that might occur to me or anyone else.
Residents of Canada can seek out travel advice and advisories at https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
- Knowing that risks exist I hereby release and save harmless Question Travel, it’s employees, agents, and volunteers, from any liability whatsoever in relation to the arrangements and my participation in the programs or tours arranged PROVIDED HOWEVER THAT nothing in this document relieves the liability of any contractor with whom I have directly contracted or Question Travel has contracted on my behalf, notwithstanding that the arrangement was facilitated by Question Travel OR relieves Question Travel from liability arising from deliberate acts by their employees or fraud or theft by them.
- I understand that I am responsible to place and must have in place insurance for overseas health care for sickness or injury, trip cancellation and emergency repatriation to my home and confirm that I will make no misrepresentation respecting the status of my current health to my insurer.
- Valid Passport: The Client must be in possession of a valid passport required for entry, departure and travel through each destination point along the itinerary of the tour, (passport must be valid 6 months past the return date), all visas, permits and certificates including vaccination certificates, insurance policies, required for the whole of the journey. The Client accepts full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the tour, and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Any information or advice given by the Company regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is purely advisory, provided as a courtesy to the Client, and the Company is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided by third parties such as the appropriate governmental authorities.
- I understand that Question Travel is not responsible for any possessions that I take on my tour, that they may be at risk and acknowledge that I have been advised to minimize the value of possessions and to acquire insurance for the loss or theft of valuable possessions and that my standard homeowner coverage is likely inapplicable. (i.e., leave the diamonds, gold, cash, important hard-drive data and superfluous camera lenses at home.)
- I understand that there are strict laws at my intended destination respecting possession of banned substances or participation in inappropriate conduct including but not limited to sexual contact with minors, agree to abide by the laws of the land, and understand that Question Travel has a zero tolerance policy for breaches of local laws which will result in immediate termination of our arrangement following which Question Travel will have no further responsibility for me or further obligation to provide services and I will be on my own.
- I understand that there is a $35 late fee for every week that payments are late from being received on their allotted due dates as noted on your invoices.
- I understand that there is a $45 late fee added to the sign up fee when signing up for a tour that is within two weeks of the departure date.
- I understand that my initial deposit is non-refundable and that if I have negotiated a payment plan with instalment dates failure to make an instalments on the scheduled date including NSF cheques, Account Closed or Stop Payment will result in cancellation of my tour and all amounts paid at that time will be forfeited as liquidated damages without prejudice to the right of Question Travel to recover any additional losses.
- I understand that my deposit is non-refundable but can be used towards any tour in the future (with a maximum of TWO cancelled tours allowed for each deposit, which will afterwards then considered to be null & void.)
- I understand the following cancellation policies regarding cancelling any or all of the tours that I sign-up for, and all of the potential monetary consequences that result from such:
Cancellation with less than 30 days until departure: 100% of the paid booking is forfeited.
Cancellation with 30 to 60 days until departure: 50% percent of the paid booking is forfeited.
Cancellation with 60 to 90 days until departure: 25% of the paid booking is forfeited.
Cancellation with 90 or more days until departure: 100% of the paid booking is refunded minus deposit.
Cancelled Flights Policy for all Tours:
If you are cancelling any tour at any time after your flights have been booked by us, you will be subject to a flight cancellation fee that varies depending on the airline, as well as an administrative fee from Question Travel of $100.
- I understand that Question Travel requires a minimum of 72 hours notice prior to the start date of my tour to notify them if I will not be attending the tour in order for my deposit to be transferable to a future tour. If I do not notify Question Travel prior to 72 hours of the start date, I will be considered as a “no show” client and my deposit will be considered null & void and all tour payments will be forfeited.
- I understand that Question Travel has promotional pricing from time to time and those prices are for new customers only and do not apply to people who have made their deposit already. Unless otherwise stated each tour can only have one discount applied. Certain discounts and promotions are available only through direct bookings on our website, and unavailable through third-party booking sites.
- I understand that promo-codes for discounts may only be used at the point of purchase and cannot be combined with any other sale or promotion.
- I understand that all advertised prices that include flights are based on the price of the land only cost, plus the minimum flight allowance, but does not include the mandatory $50 CAD flight booking fee. If the flights that I choose to be booked for my tour work out to cost more than the flight allowance, then it is my responsibility to pay for the difference in flight costs, plus the $50 flight booking fee.
- I understand that by booking my tour less than three months prior to departure, I am increasing the likelihood of flight costs being greater than what the website is quoting because prices are based on the average cost of flights from my departure location selected. The closer I wait until the departure to request flights from Question Travel, the higher the probability that those flight prices will have increased. I also understand that if I book my tour within 4 weeks of the tour start date, or if I have failed to make my flight payment by the required deadline, then Question Travel reserves the right to request I book my own flights as the quality of flights available by that time may not meet the standards that Question Travel holds when booking flights for our travellers.
18. I understand that Question Travel is not to be held responsible for the cancellation of any connecting flights and/or any fees that result from missing the first flight of my booking or fail to show up for another flight on a multi-segment booking.
- I understand that Question Travel has the right to cancel any tour 30 days prior to departure if there is not enough people on the tour; in the event of cancellation prior 30 days prior to departure, I can choose to get a full refund of my tour fees or choose another departure date.
- Finally, I understand that Question Travel reserves the right to cancel any trip or make any changes to itineraries, departure dates or return dates without refund occasioned by circumstances that arise that make the booking impossible, which are out of Question Travel’s control by the actions or policies of subcontractors including partners of LBW, airlines, occasioned by dangerous weather, natural disasters, war or insurrection.